Please review the following terms and conditions carefully.
When submitting a story, you are agreeing to the following terms. We will only publish submissions on the DRNC website if those submissions follow the guidelines below.
Anything you write or share must be original or include a reference to the source(s) even if the source is not copyrighted material.
We ask that you do not use the “Share your story” form to submit the following requests for help.
DRNC does NOT accept or respond to requests for services made on its DRNC social media platforms, or through website submissions outside of the application for legal help. If you are a resident of North Carolina and are interested in our services, visit our “Get Help” page to learn about the different ways you can get help protecting your rights.
We will not publish:
- Comments that are political in nature. Because we are a nonprofit, we cannot post information that shows preference or opposition to political affiliations.
- Stories with offensive language or references.
- Stories that state opinions as facts. We cannot be held responsible for inaccurate information.
- Stories that are off topic. If you submit something outside of the call for stories, we do not guarantee that we will consider it for publication on our website.
- Complaints and grievances. View the grievance policy.
You alone are responsible for the stories that you submit.
We cannot provide individualized feedback on the reasons for not posting a story. If your submission is denied, please review the above guidelines. Make sure that you have not failed to follow these guidelines. You are welcome to resubmit after appropriate edits have been made.
We reserve the right to edit stories for length. You will have a chance to review these edits before your story is posted on our website.