Disability Rights North Carolina is a legal advocacy agency that fights for the rights of people with disabilities in North Carolina. We handle cases involving discrimination, abuse and other rights violations. All of our services are at no cost to North Carolinians with disabilities. We are a private, independent, 501(c)(3) nonprofit and a member of the National Disability Rights Network.
- Disability Rights North Carolina advances and defends the rights of people with disabilities.
- Disability Rights North Carolina works to achieve a just society where people with disabilities are free from discrimination and abuse.
- Our goal is a fully integrated and accessible community – where people with disabilities have power, equal opportunity, and freedom to make their own decisions.
- We believe that people with disabilities have the right to be heard and a right to live in the world.
- We increase the power of people with disabilities through advocacy and the relentless pursuit of justice.
- Disability Rights North Carolina values integrity, creative strategies, and collaboration in our work.
- We support human dignity, diversity, and civil rights.
- We fight for full inclusion and self-determination.