Are you facing housing discrimination? You can file a Fair Housing Discrimination complaint with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Call (800) 669-9777 or visit https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/fair_housing_equal_opp/online-complaint. You do not need an attorney to file a Fair Housing complaint.
You can also file a complaint locally if you live in any of the following areas:
- Charlotte/Mecklenburg: call 704-336-5160 or visit Fair Housing (charlottenc.gov)
- Durham: call 919-560-4107 ext. 34267 or visit Human Relations Commission | Durham, NC (durhamnc.gov) for more information
- Greensboro: call 336-373-2038 or visit Fair Housing | Greensboro, NC (greensboro-nc.gov)
- Orange County: call 919-245-2487 or visit Office of Equity & Inclusion | Orange County, NC (orangecountync.gov)
- Winston-Salem call 336-734-1227 or visit Filing a Complaint | City of Winston-Salem, NC (cityofws.org)
You have one year from the most recent date of discrimination to file a housing discrimination complaint with these agencies.
To find an attorney to assist you with your housing discrimination concerns, contact DRNC or The Fair Housing Project of Legal Aid of NC