Join Our Team! DRNC is seeking a development coordinator
A new position for DRNC, the development coordinator will serve as a key member of the development and communications team, and contribute to expanding the agency’s advocacy work by increasing our resource base.
To achieve this, the successful candidate will lead and collaborate on DRNC’s giving campaigns, donor acknowledgement, and special events. The coordinator will support the director in managing grant research, writing and reporting requirements. This position will be responsible for effective and efficient use of resources and the donor management system (Salesforce) to measure and achieve development goals. We seek a team member who can think strategically about the larger efforts of the agency, along with performing highly detailed and creative work.
Job Duties include:
Under the supervision of the director of development and communications, the development coordinator will focus on three primary areas: Giving, stewardship, and events. The successful candidate will
- Develop and manage annual goal and timeline for fundraising campaigns and donor stewardship/communication
- Maintain the donor database and oversee donor stewardship process
- Be responsible for direct mail and email appeals, social media appeals and web-based giving/stewardship
- Assist in the planning and management of events, webinars and conferences including logistics, registration, marketing materials and sponsorships
- Prepare reports and online surveys for the board and CEO as requested, annual reports, and other public development communications
- Assist in identifying, securing and managing non-federal grants; work with program staff to ensure grant deliverables are met and reports are submitted as required
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of and ability to communicate the agency’s mission, priorities and practice areas, and how these relate to fundraising goals
- Represent DRNC at community events and meetings to ensure the agency’s mission, services, and needs are conveyed
- Perform other related duties as requested
- Strong commitment to DRNC’s mission to advance and defend the rights of people with disabilities, particularly those who live at the intersection of other marginalized identities, and to prioritizing DRNC’s focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all agency work
- Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant experience in a development-related role with a proven track record in fundraising, donor relations and event management
- Knowledge of and experience in fundraising techniques and technologies
- Demonstrated skills to engage staff, board members, community partners/volunteers, and potential donors
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing
- Willingness to be part of a collaborative environment and work closely with colleagues
- Computer skills including:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Salesforce or other donor management systems
- Social media platforms
- Internet based fundraising tools
- Basic design abilities
- DRNC is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates with life experience with disability, candidates of color, and other candidates with diverse identities
- Ability to communicate in ASL, Spanish or another non-English language
- Strong understanding of DEI, intersectionality and the desire to reflect and imbed that understanding in all agency work
Disability Rights NC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Individuals who increase the diversity of our team are encouraged to apply. We participate in E-verify.
Compensation Package that is competitive with other non-profits. The hiring range is $42,000 to $62,000, depending on experience. DRNC offers excellent benefits which include 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision, life and disability as well as generous paid time off and retirement plan with an employer match. DRNC recognizes the importance of a supported, skilled team and provides generous opportunities for professional development.
Send a detailed letter of interest explaining your qualifications and interest in the position, resume, and writing sample of no more than five pages to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Development Coordinator in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please.
Closing Date: Position will remain open until filled.