2020 Access the Vote NC Summer Internship
Disability Rights NC is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the first annual Access the Vote NC paid summer internship. Applications are open to college students enrolled in a degree or certificate program at a North Carolina college or university. Students must identify as a person with a disability with an expressed interest in voter engagement, access, and mobilization. This is a paid internship.
Our voters’ rights interns will develop a voter engagement plan for their campus and community, and learn how to:
- Review and analyze data from specific poll sites
- Monitor poll sites for accessibility
- Develop social media campaigns
- Organize Get Out The Vote (GOTV) campaigns
Intern responsibilities include:
- Completing weekly tasks that will be incorporated into the voter engagement plan
- Conduct visits to poll sites in their community
- Provide ongoing open communication with DRNC about program, data and updates.
- Attending community meetings
- Cooperate with DRNC and community partners to build skills and capacity
Early bird deadline: March 6, 2020 (Applications received by this date are given preference.)
Final deadline: March 20, 2020
Who Should Apply?
We are seeking energetic and self-motivated NC college students who identify as a person with disabilities. The applicant should be passionate about voter engagement and want to ensure that voting sites and the voting process are accessible to people with disabilities.
To apply for DRNC’s 2020 Access the Vote NC summer internship you must:
- Be passionate about voter engagement, mobilization and access
- Be excited to take on a challenge and learn new skills
- Be a resident of North Carolina
- Be enrolled in a degree or certificate program in a North Carolina college or university
- Identify as a person with a disability (visible, invisible, or acquired)
- Have achieved at least sophomore standing or the equivalent
- Have completed two semesters of college-level English or the equivalent
This internship is 6 weeks in duration, beginning June 1, 2020. Orientation will be held in Raleigh (food and lodging provided). You will complete the remainder of the internship in an office space in the county of your college campus. This is a paid internship.
- Completed application
- Two references. At least one reference should be academic.
- Statement of interest, no more than 500 words
All applications should be submitted in PDF or Microsoft Word format. Only complete applications will be considered. Late applications will not be accepted. For questions or technical assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please return your application using one of the following methods:
Email: Complete and email your application to email@example.com
Subject Heading: 2020 Access the Vote NC summer Internship Application
USPS: 2020 Access the Vote NC Summer Internship Disability Rights North Carolina 3724 National Drive, Suite 100 Raleigh, NC 27612
Once the application is fully completed and received (including 2 references), applicants will be contacted by staff with next steps.
Complete applications are due by March 6, 2020 (Early Bird) OR March 20, 2020 (Final)
Disability Rights North Carolina will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities to ensure equal opportunities for applicants and employees. We will ensure the consistent application of state and federal laws as they relate to persons with disabilities. If you need assistance, please contact Human Resources at 919-856-2195.