Disaster Preparedness — Hurricane Florence
Disability Rights North Carolina has been closely monitoring Hurricane Florence and its aftermath to anticipate and assess its impact on North Carolinians with disabilities, older adults and others with access and functional needs. We are monitoring to ensure the safety of vulnerable populations throughout disaster response and recovery.
In case of a hurricane-related emergency, please dial 211. Only dial 911 in case of true medical emergencies
Below is a list of resources that may be helpful for the safety of you and your families:
- Helpline Center
- Ready √ (includes a listing of accessible shelters)
- PORTLIGHT Inclusive Disaster Strategies
- American Red Cross Shelters
- FEMA: Disaster Assistance
- NC Emergency Management
- Veterans Case Management
- Lutheran Services Carolinas Disaster Case Management
- Legal Aid Disaster Center
- List of shelters
- Google Crisis Map
Below is a list of NC interpreters who are available to interpret related to Hurricane Florence. The spreadsheet has all the details.