DRNC is looking for pro bono attorneys. We have opportunities that range from bite-size opportunities of a few hours (such as intake assistance) from the comfort of your own office, to legal research, and work on complex litigation. Our robust opportunities come in a variety of time commitments, complexities, and topic areas. No matter which opportunity you select, you will be making an invaluable impact in the life of a person with a disability.
If you decide to volunteer, be assured that we provide support throughout the duration of your work with us. We offer Continuing Legal Education (CLE) trainings, written materials, shadowing opportunities with our own staff attorneys, and a primary contact person to work with you throughout the pro bono opportunity. You will have our full support and guidance to ensure a meaningful and successful pro bono experience.
Areas of Law
- Social Security
- Criminal Justice (*)
- Personal Injury (*)
* These are areas of law that we do not practice at DRNC, but often get calls about. We welcome pro bono attorneys willing to provide basic information in these areas to clients, or to take cases in these areas.
- Intake (includes interviewing clients and providing brief letters)
- Co-counsel with DRNC
- Provide direct legal advice or representation
- Present at DRNC trainings or outreach events
- Help prepare DRNC self-advocacy materials
If you are interested in the pro bono opportunities that we have available, send an email to email@example.com. Please choose the areas of law that you would like to help in and your preferred type of pro bono opportunity.