DRNC is seeking a human resources generalist part time (20 hour) / contract
Agency Description: Disability Rights North Carolina (DRNC), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is NC’s designated Protection & Advocacy agency and the only organization exclusively dedicated to providing free legal advocacy services to people with all types of disabilities, of all ages, throughout North Carolina. DRNC is a recognized leader in advancing disability rights, with a strong staff and supportive, dynamic work environment. DRNC is committed to building race equity into our internal and external work. Learn more at www.DisabilityRightsNC.org
Job Description: The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for managing and advising on human resources (HR) operations and strategy, including legal compliance, recruitment and retention, training and support, policies and protocols, safety and risk management, staff development and employee communications. This position works with management to comply with federal and state HR laws and ensuring a safe, positive and productive work environment.
Primary Job Duties
- Discern and provide needed staff education and information on HR and Benefits matters, design training and informational materials as appropriate;
- Develop, maintain and communicate effective, clear HR policies and procedures, review and update policies and procedures and communicate changes as needed;
- Address employment relations issues, provide coaching and counseling to employees as requested, explain HR policies, procedures and laws, and equity principles;
- Collaborate with organizational leadership to develop and implement effective performance evaluation protocols;
- Maintain secure, complete personnel files, process personnel actions, develop and update position descriptions;
- Advise management on opportunities, challenges, trends that may impact the organization’s HR and Benefits programs;
- Administer requests for reasonable accommodations
- Identify and lead staff development opportunities
- Provide supervisors and managers feedback to improve individual and team performance
- Perform other related job duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business or related field of study
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive HR experience
- Direct experience with/general knowledge regarding services and issues affecting individuals with disabilities
- Experience working with and/or sensitivity to persons from multi-ethnic communities
- Computer proficiency in word processing, data collection and communication and file maintenance
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise sound judgment. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks in a busy legal office environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Essential Functions (with or without accommodations)
- Ability to interact productively with diverse people with disabilities
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to research complex issues
Disability Rights NC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Individuals who increase the diversity of our team are especially encouraged to apply. We participate in E-verify.
Competitive compensation package. This is part-time, non-benefited position with a salary range of $21.63/hour – $38.46/hour depending upon years and relevance of experience.
Send a detailed letter of interest explaining your qualifications and interest in the position and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include HR Generalist in the subject line of the email. No phone calls, please.
Closing Date: Priority will be given to applications received by August 7, 2020. Position will remain open until filled.