Seeking Office Manager
Disability Rights North Carolina (DRNC), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is the only organization that provides free legal advocacy services to people with all types of disabilities, of all ages, throughout North Carolina. We are NC’s designated Protection and Advocacy agency and recognized leader in advancing disability rights, well established and positioned for growth.
The office manager position is responsible for the overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, and large purchasing requests for the maximum utilization of services and equipment. Also responsible for developing and supervising administrative staff. This position is a critical component for the agency’s internal controls and confidential communications.
Demonstrates the following core values: relentless pursuit of results, respect and humility, personal responsibility, positive outlook, problem solving, communication, organization, and effective internal and external relationships.
Job Duties include:
- Supervises and coaches administrative staff
- Manages and coordinates scheduling and variable workflow/assignments to ensure timely completion
- Provides administrative support to CEO and others as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, making travel arrangements, registering employees for conferences, taking minutes at quarterly Board meetings and providing support to the PAIMI ADVISORY COUNCIL (PAC)
- Performs HR administrative task, e.g., filing, open enrollment, and coordinating and collecting documents for signature
- Serves as an internal control, including reviewing monthly bank statement as required by our fiscal policies
- Manages and ensures maximum utilization of office equipment, including the phone system, copiers, fax machines, etc.
- Assist with layout planning and office moves
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies, furniture, and office equipment in accordance with agency purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions
- Trains new employees on telephone system and office equipment
- Manages and ensures adequate inventory of office supplies
- Maintains property and equipment
- Maintains organization of the workroom and office overall
- Verifies receipt of and approves invoices for payment of supplies, equipment, etc.
- Provides IT support by performing simple trouble shooting and setting up users/emails
- Acts as the DAD Administrator
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Associate’s degree required (Bachelor’s degree, preferred)
- Minimum of five (5) years of office management experience, preferred
- Experience using Office 365
- Supervisory experience
- Strong working knowledge of office equipment
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively negotiate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Life experience with disability
- Experience in a legal services, nonprofit or public interest environment
- Ability to communicate in ASL, Spanish or another non-English language
Essential functions (with or without accommodations)
- Ability to keyboard
- Ability to operate office equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with callers (including the ability to obtain factual information and provide responsive information)
- Ability to interact with people with disabilities
- Ability to communicate and engage appropriately with others, both internally and externally
- Ability to work collaboratively, collegially, and cooperatively across teams, units, and departments
- Ability to manage and supervise
Disability Rights NC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Individuals who increase the diversity of our team are encouraged to apply. We participate in E-verify.
Compensation Package that is competitive with other non-profits: The hiring range is $19.23-$28.84/per hour, depending on experience. Disability Rights NC offers excellent benefits which include 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision, life and disability as well as generous paid time off and retirement plan with an employer match.
Send a detailed letter of interest explaining your qualifications and interest in the position, resume, and writing sample of no more than five pages to: email@example.com. Include Office Manager in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please.
Closing Date: Position will remain open until filled.