Project Eviction Prevention (PEP) Targeted Outreach Coordinator Lead
This is a part-time/temporary position.
Disability Rights North Carolina (DRNC), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is the only organization that provides free legal advocacy services to people with all types of disabilities, of all ages, throughout North Carolina. We are NC’s designated Protection and Advocacy organization and recognized leader in advancing disability rights with a strong staff and supportive, dynamic work environment. DRNC is well established and positioned for growth. DRNC is committed to building race equity into our internal and external work. Learn more about DRNC.
DRNC is accepting applications for the Project Eviction Prevention Outreach Project Coordinator position. This part-time position is responsible for connecting people with disabilities to NC HOPE program resources via telephone, email, walk-in contact and outreach efforts & initiatives. The Project Eviction Prevention Outreach Coordinator will identify targeted areas in rural and marginalized communities and connect them to DRNC’s PEP clinics. The PEP Outreach Coordinator will also identify alternative resources for DRNC constituents as it relates to the PEP program as appropriate. This position is temporary and will end within one year or sooner if grant funds allocated to do this work are exhausted. This position reports to Director of Constituent Services.
Community volunteers who have served as host champions for Disability Rights NC will be given priority.
Demonstrates the following core values: Relentless pursuit of results, respect and humility, personal responsibility, positive outlook, problem solving, communication, organization, and effective internal and external relationships.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Identify and target disability, marginalized and rural communities that need rental and utilities assistance and refer them to DRNC’s PEP clinics.
- Monitor and provide supervision of high volume of intakes and paperwork for NC HOPE clients.
- Provide support with returning phone calls, responding to voicemails and email inquiries.
- Provide timely and accurate completion of rent assistance requests.
- Advocate on behalf of the client who needs rental and utilities assistance if needed.
- Assist customers with limited computer literacy and access with NC HOPE application.
- Understand and adhere to DRNC and NCORR policies around confidentiality and all standards of conduct as described in the NCORR NC HOPE Program Manual.
- When appropriate monitor volunteer performance including clinics and fast – tracked process with NCORR
- Manage data collection process.
- Track case progress to ensure that cases are moving quickly through the process
- Collect demographics for all clients.
- Complete all reports needed for the program.
- Be available to answer volunteer and participant questions.
- Act as liaison between DRNC, Applicants, Landlords, and volunteers.
- Be available in person and/or remotely (depending on program needs) for weekly and or weekend clinics and participate in weekly reviews with NCORR designee staff as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree – appropriate experiences and skills will be considered in lieu of bachelor’s degree.
- At least 2 years of direct service experience working with diverse low income, vulnerable individuals and/or families in a social service, employment, educational or instructional setting.
- Bilingual applicants encouraged to apply
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and serving individual from historically oppressed populations.
- Ability to cultivate and develop inclusive and equitable working relationships with constituents, staff, and community partners.
- Good understanding of eviction process and resources.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and assume responsibility for assigned tasks.
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to deadlines and changes in assigned tasks; understand that the workflow varies in volume-based project need.
- Proven ability to be self-directed and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Proven ability to be flexible and to work in a fast-changing environment.
- Be proficient with basic computer skills, including Word and Excel, and a willingness and ability to learn additional databases.
- Ability to work independently, accurately, and efficiently, with an eye for detail Excellent customer service skills
- Empathy for the disabled, low-income, homeless, elderly and other families and individuals in need.
Disability Rights NC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Individuals who increase the diversity of our team are encouraged to apply. We participate in E-verify.
Pay: $1600/month stipend. Mileage will be reimbursed for PEP travel and activities.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include PEP Targeted Outreach Coordinator Lead Position in the subject line.