Part-Time/Temporary Administrative Assistant
Disability Rights North Carolina (DRNC), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is the only organization that provides free legal advocacy services to people with all types of disabilities, of all ages, throughout North Carolina. We are NC’s designated Protection and Advocacy organization and recognized leader in advancing disability rights with a strong staff and supportive, dynamic work environment. DRNC is committed to building race equity into our internal and external work and is well established and positioned for growth. Learn more about DRNC.
This position provides general administrative and clerical assistance for DRNC’s Project Eviction Prevention (PEP) outreach and engagement. This position is temporary and is expected to last up to one year. The funding for this position is subject to the availability of the federal funds and grants provided by North Carolina Office of Recovery and Resiliency (NCORR) which will expire when NCORR’s U.S. Treasury Emergency Rental Assistance are exhausted.
DRNC is looking for a Part-Time responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our PEP Team, assisting in daily project needs and managing our PEP’s general administrative activities. Administrative Assistant responsibilities include maintaining appropriate filing systems and data entry of project tasks. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools, like MS Excel and office equipment. If you have previous experience as a Secretary or Executive administrative assistant and familiarity within non-profit housing work, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, a successful Admin Assistant should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of PEP.
Demonstrates the following core values: Relentless pursuit of results, respect and humility, personal responsibility, positive outlook, problem solving, communication, organization, and effective internal and external relationships.
Essential Functions (with or without accommodations)
- Screen, answer and direct calls on the PEP hotline
- Assist with field crew time keeping
- Document in case management system
- Assist PEP Team with administrative duties
- Interact with people with disabilities, people of color and people in rural marginalized communities
- Operate office equipment
- Communicate effectively with callers (including the ability to obtain factual information and provide responsive information)
- Communicate and engage appropriately with others, both internally and externally
- Work collaboratively, collegially, and cooperatively across teams, units, and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant or office admin assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Typing Skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED); additional qualification as an Administrative Assistant or Secretary will be a plus
- Knowledge of MS Office, Teams & Zoom
- Excellent phone etiquette
- One-year general office experience preferred
- Ability to communicate and interact well with others
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Must be flexible and display initiative in working on new tasks
- Ability to transition to different job duties
- Bi-lingual, preferred
DRNC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Individuals who increase the diversity of our team are encouraged to apply. We participate in E-verify.
The hiring range is $12.50 – $19.23/ per hour, depending on experience. Send a detailed letter of interest explaining your qualifications and interest in the position, resume, and writing sample of no more than five pages to: email@example.com. Include Administrative Assistant (Part-time/ Temporary) in the subject line the email. No phone calls please.
Closing Date: Position will remain open until filled.