Position Available at DRNC
DRNC is seeking a PABRP investigator/advocate (full time, permanent)
Conduct methodical, objective reviews of representative payees to ensure that Social Security beneficiaries are not abused, neglected and/or exploited.
Demonstrates the following core values: relentless pursuit of results, respect and humility, personal responsibility, positive outlook, problem solving, communication, organization, and effective internal and external relationships.
The successful candidate for this position can be based in any part of the state and requires the ability to work remotely, using equipment and supplies provided by DRNC.
Job duties include
- Conduct onsite reviews of Social Security Administration (SSA) representative payees, including interviews with beneficiaries, review of relevant documents, development of corrective action plans where necessary, referrals to outside agencies and preparation of reports to the federal funding agency consistent with Disability Rights NC’s Protection & Advocacy for Beneficiaries with Representative Payees (PABRP) review protocol. (During the pandemic, these reviews primarily are conducted remotely, though we do have a COVID protocol that permits onsite reviews under certain conditions)
- Monitor the living conditions and other regular environments of beneficiaries, such as nursing homes, assisted living facilities, group homes and individual, independent housing, to prevent, detect and address instances of abuse, neglect, or exploitation consistent with Disability Rights NC’s review protocol
- Stay up to date with the federal statutes and regulations relating to Disability Rights NC’s access authority
- Stay up to date with state and federal statutes, regulations and policies governing care and treatment of people with disabilities
- Collaborate with others regarding ongoing reviews
- Provide training to newly designated Representative Payees on their roles and responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with experience in conducting investigations, such as those performed by law enforcement, journalists, regulators, or other types of investigations
- Direct experience with or general knowledge of services and issues affecting individuals with disabilities
- Recognition of the human and civil rights of people with disabilities
- Proficiency in using computers for word processing, data collection and communication
- Effective communication skills regarding complex factual situations
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Successfully complete SSA’s suitability determination
- Ability to communicate in ASL, Spanish or another non-English language
Essential functions (with or without accommodations)
- Ability to travel including overnight
- Ability to occasionally work long hours and/or weekends
- Ability to interact with people with disabilities
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to review and understand financial records
- Ability to input and access data in the required databases
Disability Rights NC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Individuals who increase the diversity of our team are encouraged to apply. We participate in E-verify.
Compensation Package that is competitive with other non-profits: The hiring range is $20.43-$30.05 per hour, depending on experience. Disability Rights NC offers excellent benefits, which include 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability as well as generous paid time off and retirement plan with an employer match.
Send a detailed letter of interest explaining your qualifications and interest in the position and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include PABRP Investigator in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: Position will remain open until filled. Preference will be given to applications received by February 21, 2022.
Learn more about the P&A Social Security Benefits Representative Payee Program