ALP-NC Project Manager
Ability Leadership Project North Carolina (ALP-NC) Manager
Contract Position – renewable
This is a contract position with Disability Rights North Carolina (DRNC) created through a grant with the North Carolina Council on Developmental Disabilities (NCCDD). The current grant period is through August 31, 2022, renewable at that time.
ALP-NC is a leadership development program for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD), family members and guardians, professionals, and other stakeholders to support advocacy for systems change in North Carolina. The manager (individual or agency) will work collaboratively with the project designers (DRNC, NCCDD and the Center for Creative Leadership) to hold trainings, support the participants, provide quality reporting and manage the alumni network.
The ideal project manager (individual/agency) will
- Have at least 2 years of nonprofit experience, preferably with I/DD
- Have proven project management skills and experience
- Be organized, detail oriented, and tech-savvy
- Possess exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Project responsibilities include
- Serve as lead point of contact to support facilitators and training teams as needed Work with facilitators to schedule program dates, organize participants, assign learning teams, train producers, and serve in the producer role if needed
- Manage applications, notify accepted participants, and those not selected Maintain a list of applicants for future sessions
- Assess and address facilitator and participant technology needs for a successful class experience
- Maintain class-related materials and provide to participants
- Manage payment of facilitators
- Manage project website, update content, and work with web designers for improvements and expansions as the project grows
- Write and send correspondence related to the project
- Work with DRNC and NCCDD on social media content
- Respond to project related inquiries
- Complete required grant quarterly reports
- Compile and share data for NCCDD meetings, work with DRNC and NCCDD staff to prepare for meetings and reports
- Use participant evaluation results to assess and improve the project
- Life experience with disability
- Ability to communicate in ASL, Spanish or another non-English language
Disability Rights NC is an Equal Opportunity Employer We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Individuals who increase the diversity of our team are especially encouraged to apply. We participate in E-verify.
This is a project based, grant-funded position.
Pay: $5,000 monthly ($60,000 annually)
For more information about the scope of work or to submit a detailed letter of interest explaining your qualifications and interest in the position and resume, email: email@example.com Include ALP-NC project manager position in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please