Join our Team! DRNC is seeking an administrative assistant.
Job Description: This full-time position will support day-to-day operations by performing administrative tasks in a timely manner to ensure high quality customer service. The incumbent will report to the Office Manager and will receive and seek administrative guidance when assisting staff. You should be able to multitask and prioritize to maximize the needs of the organization. We expect you to handle sensitive information confidentially. This position will work closely with our Representative Payee team and will require security clearance from the Social Security Administration. If you have demonstrated these core values, e.g., relentless pursuit of results, respect and humility, personal responsibility, positive outlook, problem solving, communication, organization, and effective internal and external relationships behind the scenes’ task, we would like to meet you.
Job Duties include:
- Performs administrative and general office support that includes word processing, filing, faxing, scanning, and maintaining records
- Demonstrates proficiency working in MS Office 365
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of MS Teams & Zoom
- Prepares correspondence, client releases and agreements using standard templates consistent with agency’s Client Services Manual
- Monitors and takes assignments from SharePoint
- Schedules meetings and appointments
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail
- Demonstrates customer-oriented communication skills
- Greets and interacts with visitors, vendors, and staff in a professional manner
- Collaborate with the office manager and staff to help with the overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, and large purchasing requests for the maximum utilization of services and equipment
- Performs other duties as requested
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- H.S. diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent phone etiquette
- One-year general office experience preferred
- Ability to communicate and interact well with others
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Must be flexible and display initiative in working on new tasks
- Ability to transition to different job duties
- Work in an efficient, organized, timely and detail-oriented manner
- Life experience with disability
- Experience working in a legal services, nonprofit or public interest environment
- Ability to communicate in ASL, Spanish or another non-English language
DRNC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Individuals who increase the diversity of our team are encouraged to apply. We participate in E-verify.
Compensation package is competitive with other non-profit law firms. The hiring range is $13.22 – $19.23/ per hour, depending on experience. Disability Rights NC offers excellent fringe benefits, including 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability as well as generous paid time off and more.
Send a detailed letter of interest explaining your qualifications and interest in the position and resume to: email@example.com . Include Administrative Assistant in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please.
Closing Date: Position will remain open until filled.